Tuesday, April 12, 2011

And the Winner Is...

Sardine Mama's vegan alfredo! Made with cashews, garlic, water and vegan parm, it doesn't get any easier than this. (See the full recipe in the comments section, here.) I picked it over the other recipes because of its simplicity and adaptability. I added roasted garlic, steamed broccoli, sea salt and lemon pepper to the version in the photo, and will probably continue to play around with it.
Thanks to everyone who sent in a recipe! Sardine Mama, hope you enjoy your new copy of the Happy Herbivore!

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! Going to try it tonight. I really enjoy your blog and your approach to veganism. For a long time, I considered myself a vegetarian who occasionally cheated with meat, but blogs like yours reframe the cheating vegetarian or vegan thing in a more positive and, for me, realistic light: taking steps toward eating more ethically and healthfully without imposing total meat or cheese or ice cream deprivation. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jessica. This is how I feel. I'm TRYING to get myself off the animals. But it's hard -- undoing a lifetime habit...

    ReplyDelete